Verity is seeking a hands-on Mechatronics Intern who enjoys building, testing, and working with electronics to work with hardware development team as we engineer the next generation of indoor drone technology.
The Verity team has spent the last 20 years pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in the design and creation of drone technology. Our clients have logged more than 300,000 autonomous drone flights.
Verity's live events solutions help create stunning effects for top names in the entertainment industry like Drake, Céline Dion, Justin Bieber, Metallica, and Cirque du Soleil.
We continuously reach beyond existing limitations to rethink, reimagine, and rework the role of robotics in the world today.
Come help us break new boundaries for drone systems and technologies!
What you will do:
- Assist in the development and exploration of our new live events drone platform
- Explore new creative effects by prototyping new electronic payload boards
- Identify and evaluate new drone power train options (Batteries, Motors, Propellors)
- Mechanically integrate new components into a new drone design
- Explore new creative use cases for our existing industrial drone platform
- Communicate with the development team through detailed reports of test findings and technical issues
- You may get the exciting chance to support the productions team to deliver world class drone shows in different locations worldwide.
What you will bring:
- A passion for innovation and a strong educational background in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in electronic design prototyping, including:
- Reading and interpreting electronic component schematics and data sheets
- Selecting the right components based on given constraints
- Soldering and prototyping electronic boards
- Designing simple electronic boards in E-CAD (preferably Altium)
- Rapid prototyping skills, including experience in CAD (preferably SolidWorks) and 3D printing.
Nice to have
- Experience in drone platform design
- Basic knowledge of python
Who you are
- A self-directed, flexible, motivated, individual who has a passion for innovation
- Very good team player with a pro-active mindset
- Desire to drive one’s career by learning new tasks and taking on new responsibilities
Why you'll love verity
- Flexibility of a hybrid work environment. You can arrange start and finish times around your life (picking up kids, walking the dog, training for your next marathon at lunch)
- A great engineering culture, including flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on joint responsibility and mutual trust and support
- Working with a skilled, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team—with lots of opportunities to develop your professional career and grow with the company
- Annual team-building events, quarterly and monthly get-togethers, knowledge-sharing talks, game nights, and more
- 25 days of annual leave, employee stock ownership plan (conditions apply), variety of pension plans, and relocation packages
- Welcoming office space complete with friendly team members, free snacks (fresh fruits, coffee, and more!), and fun activities—we’re dog-friendly!
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.net
We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical [dis]ability, gender identity or length of time spent unemployed.