As Verity Studios’ Drones come to stages worldwide and production volumes rise, we are seeking a Talented Senior Mechatronics/ Embedded Engineer that will help us develop the new generation of creative drone effects for world class artists like Justin Bieber and Celine Dion. The successful candidate will lead the development of our next generation drone platform in our live events business. Verity's drones have completed more than 300,000 autonomous flights safely above people, in more than 100 facilities in 20 countries worldwide.
We are Entrepreneurs, Engineers, Artists, Professionals, Mathematicians, and Designers; all working as one.
Do you want to join a fast-moving young company where your contributions will make a difference? Then join us!
What you'll do
- Lead the design and implementation of new drone platforms for the Live Events Business Unit to achieve new creative effects including:
- Electrical and Mechatronic Design
- Power train selection
- Implementation of Drivers and low-level abstraction code
- Maintain current generation product:
- Managing of End-of-Life components
- Lead investigations of in-field hardware issues
- Explore new creative uses of autonomous drone systems in the Live Events industry
- Own all related hardware design topics for the Live Events Business Unit
What you will bring:
- MSc Electrical Engineering / Embedded Engineering or other relevant degrees
- Experience in PCB design (E-CAD, component sourcing, etc...)
- Experience in Embedded Software writing (Drivers)
- Ability to lead mechatronics project from start to finish
- Demonstrated focus designing reliable systems
- Experience leading hardware design projects
- Self-driven, creative and independent
- Experience in drone design
- Experience in mechanical design
- Experience in vibration analysis
Who you are
- You can take ownership of projects and can own all hardware design activities and processes for live events
- You have a start-up mentality and thrive in an environment where you must be flexible and jump into different projects and roles when necessary
- Team player with high problem-solving competence, capable of working independently in a fast-moving environment
Why you'll love verity
- Flexibility of a hybrid work environment. You can arrange start and finish times around your life (picking up kids, walking the dog, training for your next marathon at lunch)
- A great engineering culture, including flat hierarchies, an open-door policy, and a focus on joint responsibility and mutual trust and support
- Working with a skilled, high-achieving, experienced, and fun team—with lots of opportunities to develop your professional career and grow with the company
- Annual team-building events, quarterly and monthly get-togethers, knowledge-sharing talks, game nights, and more
- 25 days of annual leave, employee stock ownership plan (conditions apply), variety of pension plans, and relocation packages
- Welcoming office space complete with friendly team members, free snacks (fresh fruits, coffee, and more!), and fun activities—we’re dog-friendly!
Are you ready for a great adventure?
Learn more about who we are, what we do, and how we think at www.verity.net
We strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical [dis]ability, gender identity or length of time spent unemployed.